The Davis Center works closely with student groups across campus. Included in those groups is the Minority Coalition, a group of student organizations united under the leadership of the MinCo Steering Board. The Davis Center provides advising and logistical support for these groups.
Born out of the advocacy and protests of students, the Davis Center continues to fulfill its mission by working closely with student organizations. Many of these organizations fall under the broad umbrella of MinCo.
The Minority Coalition (MinCo) provides a more unified voice against prejudice and discrimination against minority students by serving as a mechanism for minority groups to come together in organizational, social, academic and political spheres. MinCo facilitates cooperation and communication amongst its member organizations, the campus and the Williamstown community and is an active voice in constructing a stronger community more aware of minority concerns.
Listserv: [email protected];
Office Location: Paresky 2nd floor
2018-2019 Co-Chairs: Rodsy Modhurima and Tyler Tsay
Meetings: Tuesdays, 6:45-9 pm, Jenness classroom.
2018-2019 MinCo Organizations
- Asian American Students in Action (AASiA)
- Koreans of Williams (KoW)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Chinese American Student Organization (CASO)
- Hindu Students Organization (HSO)
- MinCo Steering Team
- Muslim Student Union (MSU)
- Williams African Students Organization (WASO)
- Williams College Jewish Association (WCJA)
Ceci Del Cid
- Coalition for Immigrant Student Advancement (CISA)
- International Student Association
- Nihonjin American Student Union (NASU)
- South Asian Student Association (SASA)
- Vista: The Latinx and Allies Student Organization
- Feminist Collective (FemCo)
- Queer Student Union (QSU)
- Students of Caribbean Ancestry (SoCA)
- Vietnamese Student Association (VSA)