Davis Center Funding Request Form
The Davis Center funds programs and events that are aligned with the center’s mission to support the personal and intellectual growth of the Williams community through education around and advocacy and support for historically underrepresented communities.
Priority will be given to proposals/projects that are intersectional in focus or approach, or which align with the ’16-’17 Claiming Williams theme of Moral Courage. We will not recognize requests for funding after an event has taken place. We will not provide additional funding for Spring Break out Trips (BOTs), Claiming Williams events, and any other program to which the Davis Center has already made significant financial or personnel commitments
Funding requests are reviewed once a week. Applicants can expect a response after the Tuesday following their request (i.e. a request submitted on a Tuesday afternoon will hear back the following Tuesday).
- Please upload a detailed description of the event/program for which you are requesting funds. Submissions must include: a full budget (including other sources of income or funding), purpose/mission of the event or program, and key partners/sponsoring offices. Feel free to upload any additional supporting documents as well.
Criteria for awarding grants are as follows:
- Registered student group events and programs
- For groups with a regular budget, the Davis Center will fund no more than 50% of any event or program, including conferences.
- For groups with no regular budget, funding amounts are at the discretion of the Davis Center.
- Individual student or unregistered group support for conferences, research, projects, events, etc.
- Any individual student or unregistered group seeking to put on a program, execute a project, or attend a conference must have the support of a sponsoring registered student organization, academic department, or administrative office – in addition to a primary staff or faculty advisor.
- The Davis Center will confer with the sponsoring organization, academic department, or administrative office, as well as the primary staff or faculty advisor prior to making any funding decisions.
- For students requesting funding for individual projects, we reserve the right to solicit follow-up or supporting information from a faculty or staff member familiar with the program for which you are seeking funding.
- Staff/Faculty initiatives/programs/events/etc.
- Funding amounts are at the discretion of the Davis Center